The clock is running fast for the switch off for Skype Online. At present time (18.november 2020) there is 37 weeks left. Are you still thinking about moving to Teams, well now is the time start this project.
My personal advise, do not stay for long in Island mode. Get to Teams only as fast as possible and do all DNS updates.
If you are running Skype for Business server 2015 or 2019, well then you have better time. But please move to the cloud for this kind of service. You will get the following in the cloud:
- Telephony aka Enterprise Voice
- Dial in conferencing
- Switchboard go with 3rd party like Tendfor or Competella
- Contact Center solutions 3rd party like Tendfor or other vendors
- Meetingroom devices
- Phones with Teams client, like Poly, Yealink or AudioCodes
As many have noticed I was guest in a Norwegian podcast who came out the other day. You can check it out here:Blåskjermbrødre
As I work from time to time with KEMP as many of you knows. I have been asked to run a webinar in desember for them.
I will there talk about:
- It's time to turn of TMG forefront and move on to KEMP
- TMG forefront is dead, how the customers did this
- Always on VPN and how KEMP does this
- Migrate from Skype for Business to Teams