This update contains some new features that will make Skype for Business more interesting. I will go through all the new stuff that comes in this package.
1. Offline messaging, can't say have been waiting for this. But it's here now. This works like this:
Some one sends you a message when you are Offline, well the system will collect these and give you an allert the time you get back online. Like the pictures below. More about it here
2. Busy on Busy is a new feature also. This is something that we in Nordic countries has used for ages thanks to Competella and their Routing Agent. Microsoft has since June 2016 this feature but it has some limited features if you look at it instead of the Routing Agent from Competella.
How this is configured, well Randy Chapman has a well written blog about this. Read all about this here.
3. Video based Screen Sharing (VbSS), the thing about this is to get these pro cons:
- Make screen-sharing (up to 5%) more reliable compared to RDP alone.
- Make the session setup and video experience faster compared to RDP alone (setup in half the time, with a 6:1 improvement in frames-per-second).
- Works much better than RDP in low bandwidth conditions, even when sharing high motion content, such as 3-D graphics.
The last feature that is added is the multiple emergency numbers in Skype for Business. I am not sure how often this feature will be used in the Nordic countries where I mostly work. But you can read all about how to configure it here.
Thats all for today. Hope you found this one interesting. I will come back soon with some more news about Skype for Business.
Post a Comment