This morning I got long waited email for a new feature that has been written page up and page down on. It will now be rolled out in November according to the mail.
So, what is all about?
Breakout rooms allow
meeting organizers to split main meetings into smaller sessions for focused
365 Roadmap ID: 65332
begin in mid-November and expect to complete by end of November
Admin and Organizer
[How this affects your
Once available, follow
the steps below to setup and use Breakout rooms.
an admin, ensure users can schedule private meetings with the following
- Allow scheduling private meeting = on
- Allow Meet now in private meeting = on
- Allow channel meeting scheduling = on
- Allow meet now in channels = on
see the breakout rooms option within your meetings, you must turn on the
new Teams meeting experience by
- Clicking on your profile image within Teams
- Selecting Settings
- Checking the “Turn on new meeting experience”
option within General settings.
- Restart your Teams client.
- You can double check that the setting is setup
correctly by starting a meeting and verifying that the meeting opens in
its own window.
sure all participants, including the meeting organizer are using the
latest version of Teams. If joining on Android or iOS mobile or tablet,
make sure participants go to their App Store and download the latest
a meeting organizer, join a channel / private scheduled meeting, or
channel / private meet now meeting. Once you are in the meeting you should
see the breakout room option next to the raise hand control.
- You must be a meeting organizer to see the option.
Meeting attendees and presenters will not see the breakout rooms option.